Lesson 3 - Tutorial

In the UK there are services to help people choose appropriate communication methods or equipment. These services might be called AAC services or communication aids services. State provision varies from area to area.

Illustration of an possible AAC pathway

The process of getting going with something to help communication is often started by a Speech and Language Therapist, school staff or a GP. Most people will have their needs met by local services. Some people may be referred on to specialist AAC services.